Articles and books enhance your reputation as an expert and draw more business to your company. You can enjoy the prestige of publication even if you lack the time or talent to write successfully. Let ghostwriter Pauline Bartel of Bartel Communications do all the work for you.
What is a ghostwriter?
A ghostwriter or ghost is a professional writer who works behind the scenes for you, researching your subject, conducting interviews, then writing articles and books in your own voice. A ghost can even market the material under your name.
How does a ghostwriter work?
Some clients prefer to work closely with the ghost during all phases of a project; other clients prefer to let the ghost handle all of the details of the project. Typical phases include:
- Researching and interviewing. Research can involve gathering information from the client’s personal archives, from libraries and on the Internet. Interviews can be conducted in person, over the telephone or via e-mail.
- Creating the outline. The ghost prepares an outline of the project that is approved by the client before the first draft is prepared.
- Writing the first draft. Based on the outline approved by the client, the ghost writes the first draft. The client has the opportunity to make additions, deletions, corrections and suggestions.
- Editing conference. After the client has reviewed the first draft, an editing conference is scheduled either in person or over the telephone to discuss the draft.
- Writing the final draft. The ghost incorporates the changes discussed in the editing conference and prepares the finished manuscript. The client receives a final draft in order to make final corrections.
- Marketing the material. The client receives a final manuscript, conforming to professional manuscript standards, that can be submitted to the marketplace.
How much time is required for a ghosted project?
The time required to complete a project depends on several factors, including the length of the work, the amount of research required and the availability of source material. Generally, two months are required to research, write and edit a 1,000-word article manuscript. Generally, nine months are required to research, write, and edit a 200-page book.
How can Pauline Bartel become my ghostwriter?
Contact Pauline Bartel for an initial conversation about your project. Pauline specializes in most areas of nonfiction. She does not ghostwrite novels or poetry.
Be prepared to discuss the purpose and scope of your project, the tasks you wish Pauline to undertake and your anticipated level of involvement in the project. This information will assist Pauline in preparing a proposal for your consideration.
Author of Career Success: Right Here! Right Now!
“Pauline stepped in as a ghostwriter when I most needed her on a deadline driven 1st edition book that needed a strong writer but also a sensitive one due to the circumstances. She was always professional and delivered a book that has since gone into revision due to its initial success. The project would not have happened without her.”
Independent Publishing Professional