If you have a solid idea for a nonfiction book, award-winning writer Pauline Bartel can help turn your writing dreams into reality. She can lead you step by step through the process of transforming your idea into a published book. No Excuses! Book Writing offers three components:
1. No Excuses! Book Writing System
This ingenious book writing system takes you one step at a time through the entire process of developing, writing, and marketing your book. The personalized, custom-indexed binder you receive contains the following sections:
- A 5-Step Discovery Process – Helps you determine the viability of your book in the marketplace
- Begin With the End in Mind – Helps you focus your idea, visualize the final product, structure your book, set deadlines for completion of the component pieces of your project, organize your material as you accomplish your tasks
- List of Topics – Provides space for you to record a list of topics for possible inclusion in your book
- Outline / Notes – Provides space for you to create your outline and to capture notes that you will use later in writing your book
- Research: Book, Audience, Market – Provides space for you to compile information about research that you will use later in writing your book as well as audience and market research that you will use in the preparation of your book proposal
- Sources of Information/References – Provides space for you to record pertinent contact information about sources and space for you to build the reference section of your book
- Eating-An-Elephant – Provides project management worksheets to break down your book project into small tasks, define each step of each task, set deadlines, then get to work accomplishing your goals
- Chapters – Provides space for you to organize chapters-in-progress and completed chapters
- Your Proposal – Provides space for you to create the chapter-by-chapter outline and sections on Audience, Research, Competition, Author Bio, etc.
- Your Query Letter – Provides space for you to draft the query letter that you will use to interest publishers and/or agents in reviewing the proposal for your book
- Target Publishers/Agents – Helps you capture the names and addresses of publishers and/or agents appropriate for the submission of your query letter and proposal
- Tracking Your Submissions – Helps you organize your submissions of query letters and proposals and aids you in determining when follow up is necessary
2. One-On-One Coaching
One-on-one coaching is available via telephone, fax, e-mail, regular mail, and in-person for feedback, guidance, and support throughout the process of conceptualizing, writing, and marketing your book. In Phase One, Pauline guides you in:
- developing and focusing your book’s angle
- planning your book from first page to last page
- conducting background research, interviewing experts, tapping into the Internet’s power
- organizing the information you gather
- creating a book marketing package (query letter, book proposal, sample chapters)
- finding agents and publishers
If your query letter, book proposal, and sample chapters succeed in interesting a publisher and/or agent, Pauline then coaches you as you write the remainder of your book. In Phase Two, she helps you to:
- establish a project management system to keep you on track in meeting your book writing goals
- understand the ins and outs of the publishing process, including advice on contracts and dealing with editors and agents
- complete your book from first page to last
From start to finish, Pauline also serves as your personal editor. She evaluates and edits your query letter, book proposal, sample chapters, and complete manuscript before you submit the material to publishers.
Your material receives objective, line-by-line review. In addition to checks for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation, Pauline also analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of your writing then offers specific suggestions for revision where needed. Her highly acclaimed blue pencil helps turn material that fizzles into writing that sizzles.
Questions? Contact Pauline!!
“Even though I now understand the process of putting together a book proposal and query letter, I could not have managed it the first time around without your solid professional advice and enthusiastic support.”
Alan Shapiro, Ph.D.
Author of Golf’s Mental Hazards (Simon & Schuster)
“Your unflagging optimism and support and your technical knowledge about the publishing industry made the difference. I can honestly say that I couldn’t have done it without you.”
Susan Milstrey Wells
Author of A Delicate Balance (Plenum Publishing)