Starting in May 2013 and continuing through September 2013, the Saratoga Race Course business anniversary celebration christened Saratoga150 features:
- A website (http://www.saratoga150.com) that explores the history of thoroughbred racing, offers a behind-the-scenes look at racetrack operations today and provides an evolving calendar of more than 150 events taking place during the five-month business anniversary celebration.
- Collaborations with more than 64 local not-for-profit organizations sponsoring anniversary-year events such as duathlons, lectures, symphonies, rock concerts and more.
- A website video of the Saratoga Race Course fan experience plus an interactive historical timeline with photos, videos and stories about the horses, jockeys and visitors that have been part of “the summer place to be” for a century and a half.
- Official Saratoga150 merchandise (http://www.saratoga150.com/store), including Win, Place and Show fan packages, Euro stickers, tee shirts, ornaments, hats, money clips and key chains from Impressions of Saratoga (www.impressionssaratoga.com).
- Official Saratoga150 jewelry from N. Fox Jewelers (www.nfoxjewelers.com), the exclusive jeweler for the 150th business anniversary celebration. Items include rings, cufflinks and pendants.
Clearly, the organizers of Saratoga150 invested substantial time in planning this sesquicentennial “sell”-abration. That’s the secret.
Invest time in strategic planning for your business anniversary promotional campaign. For a milestone business anniversary — one ending in 0 or 5 — begin your planning at least one year in advance. For an in-between business anniversary, begin your planning at least six months in advance.
By doing so, I’ll wager that — like the organizers of Saratoga150 — you cross the finish line with a winning business anniversary “sell”-abration.
Need ideas for your company’s business anniversary “sell”-abration? Download free business anniversary information from our website (http://www.paulinebartel.com/services/corporate-services/business-anniversary-consulting) or contact me directly (Pauline@PaulineBartel.com).
Blogger Bio: Pauline Bartel, M.A., is President and Chief Creative Officer of Bartel Communications, Inc., an award-winning corporate communications firm, specializing in marketing, public relations and business anniversary consulting services. The firm created “The Bartel Years™” and “The Bartel Years 200™,” rosters of business anniversary symbols to inspire two centuries of business anniversary “sell”-abrations. Download free copies of “The Bartel Years™” and the special report “The Top 10 Business Anniversary Ideas for SELL-abrating Your Business Anniversary” at this link: http://www.paulinebartel.com/services/corporate-services/business-anniversary-consulting